Swiss haute joaillerie and haute horlogerie maison Chopard is collaborating with global superstar Rihanna to launch the RIHANNA ♥ CHOPARD Haute Joaillerie and Haute Horlogerie collections, which convey the unique vision and spirit of Rihanna, inspired by Rihanna’s island roots – the lush gardens of Barbados and the heady atmosphere of Carnival
The love story between Rihanna and Chopard has been shining on red carpets the world over for several years already. This dazzling duo has now partnered to push Haute Joaillerie beyond conventional limits. Rihanna and Chopard Co-President and Creative Director, Caroline Scheufele, worked closely together and united their creativity as well as their passion in developing a stunning Haute Joaillerie collection
For the 70th anniversary of the Festival and Chopard’s 20th anniversary as official partner, Rihanna walked the legendary red carpet for the very first time. On this occasion, she wore several stunning new creations from the RIHANNA ♥ CHOPARD Haute Joaillerie collection: signature pieces in vivid colours reflecting joie de vivre and carnival festivities.
Rihanna dazzled on the red carpet in a pair of earrings in 18ct white gold featuring emeralds (11.94 carats), rock crystal quartz (16.60 carats) and diamonds; a bracelet featuring an cushion shaped emerald (31.95 carats), black nephrite (401.25 carats) and diamonds; a floral bracelet in 18ct white gold set with diamonds; a ring in 18ct white gold set with an cushion shaped emerald (26.37 carats) and diamonds; a ring in 18ct white gold featuring a pear shaped diamond (7.11 carats) and diamonds; and a ring in 18ct white gold featuring a cushion shaped emerald (6.88 carats), rock crystal quartz (52.55 carats) and diamonds; all from the new RIHANNA ♥CHOPARD Haute Joaillerie collection.
Throughout her stay in Cannes, Rihanna showcased new creations designed in collaboration with Caroline Scheufele.
In her honour, and to celebrate the co-designed RIHANNA ♥ CHOPARD Haute Joaillerie Collection, Caroline Scheufele hosted an exclusive dinner at the Chopard Rooftop. In a lush setting composed of multicolour flowers, inspired by a masterpiece of the collection Rihanna debuted on this occasion, the guests, including Oscar-winning actress Julianne Moore and supermodel Winnie Harlow, enjoyed a delicate dinner among a breath-taking view on the Croisette and the Palais des Festivals.
Rihanna dazzled in a choker in 18ct white gold set with diamonds (69.55 carats); earrings in 18ct white Fairmined gold set with round, pear, oval and marquise cut diamonds (21.77 carats); a watch in 18ct white gold set with diamonds (31.76 carats); a ring in 18ct white gold set with a marquise cut diamond (9.09 carats) and diamonds; and a ring in 18ct white gold featuring a cushion modified brilliant cut brown diamond (9.49 carats), rock crystal quartz (36.70 carats) and brown diamonds; all from the RIHANNA ♥ CHOPARD Haute Joaillerie Collection.
Though the vibrant collection debuted in May, Rihanna had already been giving fans a sneak peek of the capsule collection. At the Grammy Awards, she dazzled in a one-of-a-kind pair of floral inspired multi-coloured chandelier earrings; and a marquise cut diamond solitaire ring. On the March 2017 cover of “Harper’s Bazaar”, Rihanna sparkled in a pair of transformable diamond earrings. More recently, Rihanna wore flower drop earrings to complement her incredible look at the MET Gala in NYC.
Technical details: RIHANNA ♥ CHOPARD Haute Joaillerie Collection:
Gardens of Barbados inspiration:
- Ref. 849671-9001: Earrings in 18ct white gold and titanium set with blue, pink and yellow sapphires, tsavorites, rubellites, green beryls, aquamarines, Paraiba tourmalines, rubies, amethysts, topazes, lazulites, and diamonds
- Ref. 840439-1001: Cuff earrings in 18ct white ethical gold certified ‘Fairmined’ featuring four pear-shaped diamonds (9.7cts) and set with brilliant-cut (5.2cts), pear-shaped (4.7cts), oval-cut and marquise-cut diamonds. All diamonds are sourced from a producer who is a RJC-certified member
- Ref. 105013-1001: Watch in 18ct white gold fully set with pear-shaped diamonds (18.6cts) and brilliant-cut diamonds (13cts), automatic movement
- Ref. 819979-9002: Necklace in 18ct rose gold and titanium composed of rubies, blue, orange and yellow sapphires, spinels and tsavorites of various cuts: beads, cabochons, fancy-cut. Adorned with turquoise beads (14cts) and turquoise cabochons totalling over 45cts
- Ref. 849979-9002: Matching earrings
- Ref. 818000-9001: Necklace in 18ct rose gold and titanium set with fancy-cut blue and yellow sapphires, mandarin garnets, spessartite garnet, topazes, tsavorites and turquoises.
- Ref. 848000-9001: Matching bracelet
- Ref. 859893-1001: Bracelet in 18ct white gold set with pear-shaped (21cts), brilliant-cut (16.5cts) and marquise-cut diamonds (2.9cts)
- Ref. 849964-1001: Cuff earrings in 18ct white gold set with pear-shaped diamonds totalling 13.6cts and two pear-shaped diamonds of 2.25 and 2.36cts each