The world of Haute Horlogerie was abuzz with excitement as November ushered in one of key events of the year – the 16th Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève (GPHG)
The art of watchmaking was in the spotlight on November 10, 2016, at the Théâtre du Léman, Geneva, on the occasion of the prize-giving ceremony for the 16th Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève (GPHG).
Enriched by the varied competencies of 27 experts, the prestigious international jury of the 2016 edition announced the winners of 15 prizes and awarded the “Aiguiile d’Or” Grand Prix to Ferdinand Berthoud for the Chronomètre Ferdinand Berthoud FB 1 model.
Other marques honoured by this year’s jury include Audemars Piguet, Girard-Perregaux, Montblanc, MB&F, Piaget, TAG Heuer, Tudor, Chanel, Eberhard & Co, Fabergé and Grönefeld.
Jointly hosted by Frédéric Beigbeder and Gaspard Proust, and broadcast live on various media for watch aficionados around the world, the ceremony was attended by 1,300 guests representing influential players in the watchmaking, political and economic arenas.
The public, which cast its votes on the Internet and at the various international exhibitions, chose to award the Public Prize to Czapek Genève, 33 bis Quai des Bergues.
After stopovers in Seoul and Rome, the exhibition presenting the 72 watches pre-selected by the jury remained on show in Geneva until November 12, 2016, at the Cité du Temps.
The prizewinning watches of the 2016 edition were then exhibited in Dubai from November 15 to 19 as part of the second edition of the Dubai Watch Week.
2016 PRIZE LIST:
- “Aiguille d’Or” Grand Prix: Ferdinand Berthoud, Chronomètre Ferdinand Berthoud FB 1
- Ladies’ Watch Prize: Piaget, Limelight Gala Milanese Bracelet
- Ladies’ High-Mech Prize: Girard-Perregaux, Cat’s Eye Tourbillon with Gold Bridge
- Men’s Watch Prize: Grönefeld, 1941 Remontoire
- Chronograph Watch Prize: Montblanc, 1858 Chronograph Tachymeter Limited Edition
- Tourbillon Watch Prize: Girard-Perregaux, La Esmeralda Tourbillon
- Calendar Watch Prize: MB&F, Legacy Machine Perpetual
- Travel Time Watch Prize: Fabergé, Fabergé Visionnaire DTZ
- Mechanical Exception Prize: Audemars Piguet, Royal Oak Concept Supersonnerie
- “Petite Aiguille” Prize: Tudor, Heritage Black Bay Bronze
- Sports Watch Prize: Eberhard & Co, Scafograf 300
- Jewellery Watch Prize: Chanel, Secret Watch “Signature Grenat”
- Artistic Crafts Watch Prize: Piaget, Protocole XXL “Secrets & Lights” Venice Micro-Mosaic
- “Revival” Watch Prize: TAG Heuer, Heuer Monza Chronographe
- Special Jury Prize: The George Daniels Educational Trust